Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist
with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial
and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders,
directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with
customers that includes Waste Management customer service, sales,
and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses
Waste Management proprietary software to manage same day ticket
routing as well as preparing all routes for the next day. Shifts
vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending
on each Market area dispatch center needs. Some travel (up to 15%)
may be required to work face to face with sites dispatcher is
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using
information on customer needs, drivers' locations and loads, and
daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
- Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes
based on needs of the customer.
- Determines the daily level of driver staffing to provide best
mix of responsiveness and productivity.
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers
throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines
route actions and assuring route completion.
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service
and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery
on any container movement within the Market area.
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are
on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up
problems before they result in service issues.
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the
routing for all routes and tracking driver movement in the
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience with
working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to
several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work
environment with excellent organizational skills.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via
e-mail, telephone, and 2-way devices.
- Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management
proprietary software applications.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Oxford , Dispatcher/Router Combo, Professions , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!