Reliability Engineer - Electrical
Company: Allied Reliability Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview Allied Reliability is searching for an experienced
Reliability Engineer for one of our premier clients in Hamilton,
MS! The focus is to improve the reliability of our electrical
equipment by analyzing performance, reliability, and maintenance
data to eliminate unplanned outages and reduce the equipment life
cycle costs. The incumbent will provide maintenance engineering
support including troubleshooting, developing, and executing plans
to address issues that may arise with electrical equipment and
instrumentation. Responsibilities The successful candidate will be
- Participate in developing plans and schedules for major
- Support the maintenance supervisors, planners, and
Instrument/Electrical Technicians with technical expertise and
training to enable them to maintain, repair and improve the
reliability of their electrical equipment.
- Analyze maintenance and operations data to minimize
instrument-related maintenance costs, failures, manpower and
- Design improvements to Instrument/Electrical components and
equipment that contribute to process downtime.
- Identification of optimal control valves, flow-meters,
transmitters, and other instruments for continuous improvement of
process monitoring and control.
- Review and interpret Motor Elementary Drawings, Instrumentation
Loop Sheets and One-Line Electrical Drawings.
- Create and update 5-Year Plans for scheduled replacement of
major electrical components and equipment.
- Review plant standards for electrical safety and
electrical/instrumentation design and construction.
- Assist Instrument/Electrical technicians with troubleshooting
of field instrumentation, electrical equipment and PLC/DCS
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for repetitive and high
lost-production failures. MON Qualifications This position requires
a degree in Electrical Engineering and one (1) to three (3) years
of engineering experience at an industrial site. The candidate
should have direct experience with Plant Instrumentation, Motors
and Motor Control, Power Circuits and Automated Controls including
Field Instrumentation and PLC or DCS system troubleshooting, and
experience in reading and interpreting Motor Elementary Drawings,
Instrumentation Loop Sheets and One-Line Electrical Drawings.
Knowledge and understanding of Arc Flash hazards is a must.
Experience and expertise in Protective Relaying, Medium Voltage
Breakers, Substation Transformers and Equipment and Variable
Frequency Drives is preferred along with experience in editing PLC
and DCS logic. MON
Keywords: Allied Reliability Group, Oxford , Reliability Engineer - Electrical, Professions , Hamilton, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!