Neurophysiology/EMG Technician- Full time, Night
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: June 17, 2022
- Performs all procedures that electrographically record sleep
and it's associated phenomena, including the application of patient
monitoring devices and the calibrations of recording instruments in
accordance with established AASM guidelines.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for patients requiring this diagnostic modality.
- Serves as a resource to non-credentialed PSGTs.
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment to assure
appropriate understanding and compliance with testing procedures,
patient safety, and ability of patient to effectively participate
in the testing.
- Continuously monitors patient activity and maintains quality
recordings through recognition and correction of artifactual data,
while remaining vigilant of patient safety and comfort.
- Scores polysomnogram and computer generated records, based on
AASM, Rechtshaffer and Kales scoring criteria.
- Maintains records to provide complete clinical information and
to assure accurate patient charging. complies with AASM guidelines
of documentation, and provide the physician with a copy of the
- Assures that equipment and supplies are available to assure
quality patient care. Maintains inventories, makes copies, and
updates reference manuals as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance and calibration on all sleep testing
equipment. Serves as a resource person for other departments.
- Assists in the development and presentation of educational
lectures, conferences, and promotional activities.
- Acts as point of contact for issues pertaining to sleep testing
and diagnostic studies.
- Collects and analyzes Performance Improvement data, including
appointment delay times.
- Reviews insurance eligibility.REQUIREMENTS:
- The incumbent must be a registered polysomnography technologist
(RPSGT) or registered sleep technologists (RST) with a minimum of
two years experience.
- Associate's degree is desirable.
- CPR required, ACLS desired.
- If clinically licensed (i.e. RRT or RN) the incumbent who is
not registered in polysomnography at the time of employment or
transfer must complete registration within one year.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills
required to proficiently provide care to a patient population to
include: adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Neurophysiology/EMG Technician- Full time, Night, Professions , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!