Dispatcher- Transfer Center, PRN, Varies
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Facilitates Triage through 911 call information of ill and
- Recognizes patient needs and sends the appropriate
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and
- Facilitates transports from outside facilities such as nursing
homes, physician offices, etc...Customer Relations:
- Projects caring, friendly and helpful image to patients and
- This position is responsible for demonstrating the delivery of
the CARES concept (compassion, accountability, respect, excellence,
smile) in all interactions between the Patient Logistics Center
staff, and all physicians, internal customers, and external
- Must accurately enter and maintain ambulance calls into the CAD
(Computer Assisted Dispatch) system.
- Must maintain all computerized and written logs.Education:
- Maintains competency in CAD dispatching by attending required
- Completes all required education assigned including CARES.
- Maintain proficiency in proper dispatching techniques.
- Completes annual Air Methods flight trainingRegulation:
- Adheres to NMHS/NMMC Policies/Procedures/Guidelines
- Complies with applicable Local/State/Federal
- Receives emergency calls from Tishomingo, Itawamba, and
Pontotoc County 911 systems and other 911 systems as needed.
- Dispatch ambulances to emergency calls in Tishomingo, Itawamba,
Lee and Pontotoc Counties and other counties as needed.
- Assists Lee county 911 with emergency dispatch of
- Prioritize and dispatch emergent and non-emergent
transports/transfers in Lee, Itawamba, Pontotoc and Tishomingo
counties as well as other counties as needed.
- Organize and dispatch on campus transports.
- Enter all information into CAD in real time.
- Receive flight requests from ambulance agencies, 911 systems,
fire and police departments etc...
- Utilize mapping systems to plot coordinates for helicopter
- Dispatch the helicopter to hospital/ scene.
- Enter information into Air Methods Flight Log (FLOG) so that
the pilot can get a flight release.
- Communicate with helicopter and set up ground contact
information to facilitate safe landing zones.
- Flight follow the aircraft and conduct position reports.
- Manage all inbound and outbound air traffic at NMMC-Tupelo
Critical Care Transport Team Dispatching/Communications:
- Receive request for Critical Care Transport Team.
- Gather all required patient information and communicate with
- Page the CCT and Blood Bank utilizing paging software.
- Dispatch CCT and enter information into CAD.
- Assist Patient Placement/Bed Control/ PLC RN as needed.
- Receive incoming calls from physicians and/or facilities
requesting patient transfer.
- Enter patient information into the Transfer Center application
and notify the RN/Bed controller that a call is holding.
- Utilize TeleTracking as needed to provide room information when
- Place beds in "dirty" status as needed after patient
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Paramedic preferred.
- EMT/EMT-I or previous dispatching/ customer service experience
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);Required
- Strong written and verbal skills; Required
- Proficient in computer software programs including SCM and CAD;
- Maintain knowledge of resources available for proper patient
- Proficient in Transfer Center Application and Teletracking
- Proficient in radio etiquette and radio communications.
- Cross training in Bed Control/Patient Placement.
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Dispatcher- Transfer Center, PRN, Varies, Professions , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!