Emergency Room Technician- Emergency Room, FT, Nights, 7on/7off
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary: The Emergency Services Tech, under the direct
supervision of a registered nurse, performs routine specimen
collections, electrocardiographs, routine tests, patient care
functions and technical procedures for which appropriate training
and competency is maintained.
- Performs phlebotomy, EKG's, patient transport, splints,
- Operates and maintains equipment properly, performs testing
- Obtains and documents vital signs, intake and output amounts,
and other as designated, collects specimens as required.
- Must be able to prioritize duties according to current
- Performs sterile urethral catheterizations.
- Conducts self in a proficient and professional manner.
- Compliant with HIPAA regulations at all times
- Assist with turning, lifting, and positioning patients to
prepare for exams and procedures.
- Supports and promotes an environment that was conductive to
quality customer service.
- Responds to emergency situations in hospital according to
- Properly documented all procedures as required.
- Obtains equipment or supplies as necessary for patient care.
Assist with preparing rooms between patients, cleaning, restocking,
and preparing area.
- Assist physicians and nurses with physical examinations and
- Transports patients to other departments in the hospital and
off campus. Note: May transport patients with IV fluids including
- Maintains clean work area in patient rooms.
- Provides wound care - shaves, preps, cleans, and dresses as
directed - utilizing sterile technique.Transport: Provides safe
appropriate level care transport of patients (emergency and
Communication: Maintains appropriate verbal communication with team
members to provide care to patient.
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Emergency Room Technician- Emergency Room, FT, Nights, 7on/7off, Professions , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!