Associate 1, Distribution Center
Company: ACCO Brands
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Responsible for handpicking items from pallets on shelves for
packaging from pick tickets, boxing items and preparing cartons for
shipping, which may include placing items on conveyor and routing
to proper area. Palletizing packed cartons for shipping, weighing
packages, entering data and labeling items appropriately, operating
mechanical jacks, and fork lifts to transport product, performing
necessary paperwork for filing for specific customers. Unload and
counting incoming product, and various material handling duties
which may require a counter balanced forklift or pallet jack.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
* Operate a hand pallet jack. May use a forklift, pallet truck
(walkie-rider) if certified.
* Unload trailers with a forklift.
* Unload trailers onto pallets by TOPS specifications.
* Operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency)
* Deliver merchandise to designated locations in DC by proper
* Responsible for knowing customer requirements for building a
pallet (i.e. height of pallet, label location, etc).
* Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules
* Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
* Assist in special projects as required.
* Participate in process improvement teams.
* Work overtime as required.
* Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Must have a high school diploma or GED.
* Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position
including bending, stooping, reaching, walking continuously, and
lifting up to 50 lbs., frequently.
* Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written
correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple
* Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Prefer certification to operate the mechanical power lift devices
such as forklift and/or pallet truck.
* Prefer ability to operate personal computer equipment and RF
(radio frequency) hand-held wand.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory
environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety
glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is
temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold,
humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated
with this job.
Keywords: ACCO Brands, Oxford , Associate 1, Distribution Center, Professions , Booneville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!