Certified Tumor Registrar- 8a-4:30p/M-F
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Examine medical and pathology records to code the complete
history, diagnosis, treatment, and health status for malignant or
neoplastic diseases diagnosed and/or treated in this
- Capture and report data from all medical facilities that treat
- Compile reports for monthly submission to Mississippi Cancer
- Examine accuracy and consistency of coded data required to
monitor and advance cancer treatments.
- Maintain accurate and current database of cancer information
used to conduct research and improve cancer preventative and
- Resolve and submit Edit Reports to the National Cancer Data
Base (NCDB), Rapid Quality Reporting System (RQRS) and Mississippi
- Responsible for abstracting medical records by translating the
medical terminology into standardized codes that record the
patient's history, diagnosis, treatment, and current health
- Accountable for following the required standards authorized by
standard setters that include, but not limited to the National
Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), Commission on
Cancer (CoC), Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) /
Standards for Oncology Registry Entry (STORE), American Joint
Committee on Cancer (Manual for Staging), Site Specific Data Items
(SSDI), International Classification of Disease Oncology (ICDO),
Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End results (SEER), Extent of
- Responsible for keeping current with the ever-changing coding
rules, regulations and standards of the aforementioned standard
- Contact with physicians (pathology, medical oncology, radiation
oncology, surgery, radiology, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy of
- Daily contact with registry patients to track cancer progress
- Work closely with outside registries and organizations to
provide detailed diagnosis and treatment codes.
- Follow-up performed throughout the life of registry patients to
provide accurate and current health status.Service:
- Provide professional excellence in the registry field.
- Actively participate in and support departmental and
organizational quality initiatives and goals.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to enhance
department operations, improve patient satisfaction, and to achieve
excellence in patient care.
- Work closely with physicians, administrators, navigators,
health specialists, researchers, and health care planners to
provide support for cancer program development.
- Attend new-patient conference(s) and cancer conference(s).
- Serve as a valuable resource for cancer information while
insuring patient confidentiality.Education:
- Participate in ongoing continuing education (CE) required to
maintain a high level of Cancer Registry knowledge and skills.
- Review materials on new developments related to oncology and
the cancer registry field.
- Complete a minimum of 20 CE hours every two years to maintain
the required certification as a Certified Tumor
- Certified as a Tumor Registrar (CTR), required upon hire.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Associates Degree in a health-related field or Completion of
intense NCRA-approved educational program, required.
- Completion of Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II or equivalent
with a minimum of a grade of "C", required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer skills,
- Knowledge of American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
(CoC) and National Accredited Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Knowledge of cancer, cancer staging, cancer treatment,
biostatistics and epidemiology, required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Knowledge of electronic medical records (EMR) and cancer
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Certified Tumor Registrar- 8a-4:30p/M-F, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!