Upholstery-Sutter Street MFG-Booneville
Company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck
Williams' single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the
largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and
most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma,
Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global
Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between
factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around
the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced,
and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in
distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance,
human resources or home delivery - and are looking for a job with a
strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement - our
Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in
our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate
headquarters. That's why we work hard to support the community,
including the institutions that are important to our employees,
such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly
support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and
other life-threatening diseases.
Primary Job Function/Duties
* Upholsterer pulls next piece available
* Conduct initial inspection to assure cover matches ticket on
* Prior to placing piece on lift, re-check to assure all parts in
piece are correct. Place piece on table.
* Assure that grain runs straight, no lumps, holes or cat
* Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no
gap between cushions
* Assure that seams are straight, even and not gapped open and all
welts are straight and even
* Must be able to successfully pass a post offer job screen
* 1-5 years of experience in production of upper-end upholstered
* Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
* Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
* Ability to interpret simple upholstery instructions commonly
placed in an upholstery manual
* Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to
assure delivery requirements
* Good communication skills - oral and written
* Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures
* Excellent time-management skills including ability to work
independently with little supervision
* Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 75
* Ability to stand for 10-hour periods and bend and twist as
required to upholster furniture
* Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
Associates desiring to be considered for this position must:
* Meet minimum job qualifications.
* Must sign the back of the bid in the binder located in the Human
* Meet eligibility requirements (non-exempt associates must be in
their current position for six months (6) and exempt associates for
twelve (12) months before applying for a posted position).
* Associates must be performing satisfactorily in their current
* EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party
recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Keywords: Williams-Sonoma, Inc., Oxford , Upholstery-Sutter Street MFG-Booneville, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!