Paralegal - Business/Corporate - Part-Time
Company: Phelps Dunbar LLP
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Phelps Dunbar LLP is an AmLaw 200 full-service law firm. Phelps
Dunbar LLP is offering an opportunity for a Business/Corporate
Paralegal in the Tupelo office. The Business Paralegal will perform
various substantive legal duties under the supervision and
direction of the attorneys in the Business/Corporate practice
group. The ideal candidate will have strong technology skills, work
ethic, and attention to detail, with an understanding of revocable
and irrevocable trusts, transferring of assets, and limited
liability companies, transfers of real and personal property, real
estate, and business interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and/or review, deeds, corporate resolutions, and other
- Draft, prepare and file deeds and memoranda of trust, .
- Review revocable and irrevocable trusts, LLC operating
agreements, and corporate bylaws
- Assist the preparation of deeds for estate plans.
- Search government records for corporate documents.
- Account for and input time into computerized timekeeping/billing
- Interact with various government and court officials as well as
- Consistently and effectively work in a team environment as well
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. A
four-year college degree and/or a certificate in paralegal studies
is preferred. Significant prior experience may be substituted for a
combination of the educational requirements.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of paralegal experience in the
Business/Corporate area is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must have a high level of computer literacy including proficiency
in MS Office Software Suite (including Excel and PDF documents) and
a working knowledge of a document management system.
- Ability to utilize current technology is required. Experience
using electronic resources and support software is strongly
- Excellent time management, organizational abilities, attention to
detail and strong proofreading skills are also required.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to perform responsibilities as outlined above, both in
terms of quality and quantity of work.
- Ability to meet firm billing requirements.
- Ability to work independently; degree of motivation and
- Dependability and cooperation with attorneys, clients and other
- Ability to meet deadlines.%2108860%
Keywords: Phelps Dunbar LLP, Oxford , Paralegal - Business/Corporate - Part-Time, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!