Fabrication Tech - Orthotics and Prosthetics
Company: Hanger, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Why Us?With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc.
is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic
(O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160
years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to
lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior
patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger
employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve
new levels of mobility and freedom.Could This Be For You?This
exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work first hand in
fabricating a variety of orthotics and prosthetic devices. - You
will work closely with the Clinician and patients to help adjust
and repair the devices by fabricating orthoses and their
components. - This work environment will be away from the exam
room, typically in a small workshop. Since this role is focusing
heavily on the fabrication process, hand skills and familiarity
with hand tools is necessary. - The ideal candidate will have
experience with band saws, drill presses, vacuum systems, heat
guns, blades, speed routers, and other small hand tools.Your
- Use appropriate hand tools to perform fabrication and repair of
orthotic and/or prosthetic devices, -
- Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as
- May fit and deliver prefabricated and off-the-shelf orthoses
such as cervical orthoses, pressure gradient hose, and
- Provide education to patients on the application, use, care,
and expected outcome for DME products as indicated by the physician
instructions and manufacturer recommendations
- Contact vendors to order orthotic fabrication materials and
maintain inventory of items used during fabrication process.Minimum
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A valid drivers license and driving record within the standards
outlined within Hangers Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and
- Technical training school or 2 years experience
preferred.Additional Success Factors
- Knowledge and hand skills needed to fabricate and repair
prostheses (artificial limbs) and orthoses (orthopedic braces)
according to patient measurements, casts and in compliance with a
- Mechanical ability and hand-eye coordination to use laboratory
tools safely and effectively.
- Effective organizational, time management and planning
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills for communicating with
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with
everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
outstanding results.Our Investment in YouEmployees working at least
20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Oxford , Fabrication Tech - Orthotics and Prosthetics, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!