Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Position Summary Reports to the designated lieutenant. Directly
supervises assigned correctional officers. Responsible for the
custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with American
Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training
Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC)
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate
- Responsible for the care, custody, and adherence to rules and
regulations of inmates assigned to specific work area.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide
- Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including
observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate
records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to
the security of the facility,
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when
directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through
modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate
behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere
to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall
perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management. Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year correctional
experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of
Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required,
unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual
in-service training requirements.
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Oxford , Sergeant, Other , Toomsuba, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!