Accounts Receivable Representative I
Company: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
managing the efficiency and accuracy of the application of all
charges for invoicing purposes for accounts with lowest complexity.
Identify and resolve issues regarding freight payment with the
customer, (e.g., collections, variances).
- Accurate and timely invoicing.
- Network and build relationships with both JB Hunt employees and
external customers by responding to inquiries and complaints
regarding accessorial billing processes, notifications, billing
issues, etc. and identify root cause and solutions to issues.
- Direct the application of customer payments to outstanding
- Manage receivables to include auditing, processing balance dues,
and revenue adjustments.
- Obtain and investigate missing or incomplete documentation to
meet customer billing requirements.
- Reach out to customer contacts for payment status.
- Reduce outstanding accounts receivables of assigned
- Set up automated aging reports.
- Audit billed charges for validity.
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, discuss action
plans, and/or contractual changes, and achieve
organizational/department/team goals and objectives.
- High School Diploma or GED with 1-2 years combination of
education, experience and training.
- Associates degree in Finance, Business Administration/Management,
Communication, Transportation Logistics, or related field with 1-2
years of experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to act professionally
- Ability to communicate through writing effectively
- Ability to communicate verbally effectively
- Ability to quickly learn a new software system
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Basic critical thinking skills
- Basic organization skills
- Basic time management skills.
- Associates: Business Administration/Management, Associates:
Business Communications, Associates: Finance, Associates:
Transportation Logistics, GED (Required), High School
- Accounting/Payroll, Auditing
**JOB OPENING ID:**
- 00459113 Accounts Receivable Representative I (Open)
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Oxford , Accounts Receivable Representative I, Other , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!