Patient Access Specialist - Business Services, PRN, Varies
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Registration & Discharge:
- Serves as registration access point resource for all
patient-facing interactions regarding admission and discharge
- Initiates pre-registration process and guides patient through
critical steps of verification, managed care resolutions, payment
transparencies and ultimately financial clearance.
- Verifies patient identity upon arrival, then initiates
activation of record to be accessed through multiple clinical
- Obtains crucial confidential patient identification information
including patient records, signatures and payment information
repeatedly and ensures HIPAA guidelines are enforced when such
information is obtained.
- Responsible for verification of insurance coverage for medical
- Held accountable for processing unscheduled patients and
managing patient schedules across all departments.
- Effectively communicates NMHS' organizational revenue cycle and
financial policies including estimates, charity plans and payment
options to patients and patient representatives.
- Coordinates strategy for patient flow, denial prevention, and
- Provides financial counselling to patients and/or patient
representatives to manage balances owed
- Identifies trends and reports issues which are significant and
recurring along with possible solutions to the Director of Patient
- Obtains consent forms, insurance and other pertinent
confidential patient information to ensure accurate medical record
data entry to be reviewed by Joint Commission and CMS
- Holds primary obligation to other departments to enter
information timely to ensure efficient patient procedural flow &
proper access of patient account in EMR by other departments in
order to correctly identify patient, apply armbands, provide
consent form and privacy acknowledgement for clinical chart
- Processes edits including Case Management task list
(maintaining correct status of patient ie, inpatient, observation,
Patient Account/Data Entry:
- Apply codes in the patient accounting system when appropriate
to ensure an accurate financial record
- Provides input and help design action plans in conjunction with
leadership to identify and resolve payer and patient information
- Provide comprehensive data such as emergency contacts, email
addresses for Patient Portal, correct data for state and government
- Enters accommodation code for Room charges or hourly charges
are based on the accommodation code entered by Access staff.
- Daily maintenance of data edits to correct or add data which
include clinical data, financial data, patient survey data, medical
record data, etc.
- Familiarity with payer eligibilities and ability to communicate
that information to various NMHS staff
- Ensure optimization of revenue and cash flow through collection
of accurate, concise payer and patient information
- Responsible for daily cash collections, deposits and
reconciliation as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with Health Care Foundation to assist
patients in obtaining and funding COBRA coverage.
- Recognizes patient eligibility for Medicaid and charity
coverage processes and initiate appropriate application.
- Work collaboratively with third party payors to resolve billing
issues and impact timely and appropriate payment
- Professionally and effectively communicates with third party
carriers, vendors, patients, and hospital contacts to promote
revenue cycle efficiency
- Contacts insurance companies and patients regarding eligibility
- Serves as liaison between patients and insurance companies to
resolve eligibility issues-Serves as liaison between third party
payors and patients to effectively communicate financial clearance
- Takes corrective action through systematic and procedural
development to reduce or eliminate payment issues and delays.Job
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year experience in related field required.
- Ability to research, analyze, and communicate eligibility
trends to identify opportunities and training issues; required
- Must complete appropriate PAS training curriculum within
timeframe defined by Revenue Cycle Leadership annually.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; required
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Third Party Payer
- Ability to adapt to everchanging and unpredictable work
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Patient Access Specialist - Business Services, PRN, Varies, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!