Infection Prevention Specialist(FT/Days/NO Weekends)NMMC-Pontotoc
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Collects, reviews, formulates, manages and executes plans for
surveillance and infection control (IC) performance improvement
activities based on surveillance data.
- Plans, implements, promote, and help maintain infection
prevention operations; and ensure consistent practices are applied
and executed for NMMC and NMMCI facilities.
- Achieves plans and goals by collaborating and sharing with the
IC committee and staff.
- Operates independently as a The Joint Commission (TJC) team
member for IC.
- Develops and reviews the infection prevention plans and program
for NMMC and NMMCI and leads staff in improving infection
prevention throughout the system.
- Develops and maintains, and in collaboration with leadership,
oversees the implementation and execution of infection prevention
and control policies, procedures, in order to create system
consistency and to limit or eliminate practice variances.Data
- Collects and reviews clinical data to determine epidemiological
significance of health- related infections. Clinical analysis is
done in collaboration with the Medical Director of IC, IC Director,
and Performance Focused Improvement Department team members in
preparing IC reports for the infection control committee and
disseminates reports to appropriate areas.
- Supplies IC Director with data to prepare reports for the IC
Committee and disseminates reports to appropriate areas. Reports
all required reportable diseases to the State Board of Health from
- Ensures all system wide reporting of state and federal
regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Coordinates with other all NMHS areas such as Employee Health,
Safety, Long Term Care Facilities, etc. and other external agencies
- Collaborates with Employee Health regarding employee issues
related to IC
- In collaboration with the IC director and the IC Medical
Director gives direction in the emergency planning for infection
prevention and control.
- Ensures infection prevention goals are strategically aligned
with the Corporate Critical Success FactorsConsultative
- Functions as a consultant with NMMC administrators, physicians,
department managers, NMMC staff State Department of Health,
Employee Health, Long Term Care Facilities, Family Medical Clinics,
and the community hospital IC Nurses.
- Works with departments, to prevent Healthcare Associated
Infections (HAIs) and to comply with all regulatory and accrediting
- Serves as leader and consultant to all community hospital
infection prevention programs and other NMHS areas upon
- Collaborates with the Medical Director of IC and the IC
Committee for infection prevention oversight in designated
- Formulates surveillance plans and infection control PI
activities based on appropriate data.
- Leads and mentors others on identifying infection risks to
patients and visitors throughout the hospital and system.
- Provides consultation advice on infection prevention program,
practice, policy, and educational issues; assures IC training is
provided according to policy and TJC requirements.
- In appropriate areas: provides education on issues and
standards of IC and from the accrediting and state/federal
- Monitors compliance with TJC, OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Also serves as an active member, educator and resource to
numerous committees including, but not limited to, the IC
Committee, Nursing Policy and Procedure, and Safety and Emergency
Preparedness Committee when needed.Education
- Plans and provides education to patients and their family
members/visitors who require education or have special needs
related to IC.
- Makes recommendations regarding IC practices to all levels of
- Responsible for providing IC education for all employees,
including new employees.
- Provides education and training and acts as an expert resource
on IC issues and policies.
- Develops, maintains and evaluates educations programs, tools
and resources for infection prevention.
- Ensures that evidence based practice are the basis and
foundation of the infection prevention program.Customer Service
- Recommends infection surveillance plans for NMMC/NMHS.
- Maintains constructive working relationships with physicians,
professional staff at all levels, and other members of the health
care team and collaboration with the Medical Director of IC.
- Assists departments in the infection control PI activities.
Recommends plans of action for reducing HAIs in patients and
visitors. Collaborates with Employee Health regarding plans of
action for employees.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing or healthcare related field
- Currently licensed as an RN, Medical Technologist, or
Respiratory therapist; required.
- Minimum of 3 years in clinical field; required.
- Basic and/or intermediate APIC course completion highly
- Willing to obtain CBIC certification
- Strong teaching skills required
- Strong Computer skills required
- Excellent written and oral communications required
- Knowledge of financial aspects of clinic and payment
reimbursements associated with healthcare related infections
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Infection Prevention Specialist(FT/Days/NO Weekends)NMMC-Pontotoc, Other , Pontotoc, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!