Road Crew- Asphalt Paving Laborer/Traffic Control- Meridian, MS
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job ID: - 399439APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a
great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and
paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest
ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four
cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have
great employees that have been with us many years - and hope that
that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one
of the best places to work in Mississippi! -Come join our team -
where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great
benefits!Paving and Construction -
Do you want to work for a company
that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that
values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and
benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then
Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Paving
and Construction Laborer today and jump start your career with the
Oldcastle Materials family. -Job Description SummaryThe selected
candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other
co-workers and managers. -
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as;
shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment and movement of materials.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs,
barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work RequirementsThe ideal candidate
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated
operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in construction field is
preferred.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Oxford , Road Crew- Asphalt Paving Laborer/Traffic Control- Meridian, MS, Other , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!