Quality Inspector IV
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: January 13, 2022
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the
worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development
ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft,
airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for
inspecting a wide variety of parts, assemblies, tooling fixtures
and material to ensure compliance with customer requirements,
company specifications, and quality requirements. Sets up,
operates, inspects, tests, and adjusts new and reworked tools,
dies, gauges, jigs, Laser Tracker System, and fixtures for
conformance to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Maintains, processes, and compiles a variety of confidential
and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports, records, and
metrics. Assignments are at times non-routine where judgment and
assessment are required to resolve complex issues. May be required
to conduct source inspections at customer or vendor sites.
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies, and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, ASTM, AWS, ANSI, and ASME Code). Provides
various electronic and hard copy reports of inspections and
notifies appropriate parties including project engineers.
- Sets up and operates measuring and test equipment to include
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T).
- Operates Laser Tracker (LEICA type) equipment to achieve part
acceptance, including equipment set up, inspection techniques, and
final dimensional inspections while product is in-process
- May prepare, update, and maintain computer databases.
- Observes testing and provides the quality oversight necessary
to verify compliance with requirements/standards.
- May interact with and provide responses to regulatory agencies
and customers during their audits and review of company inspection,
and calibration activities.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- May coordinate the procurement of standard materials, services,
and parts for inspections.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
Typically requires an associate degree, trade school certificate,
military training, or equivalent in quality inspections or
certification by a professional group such as ASQ or AWS, and three
or more years of progressive experience in electrical, mechanical,
electromechanical or metrology inspection and calibration.
May substitute additional experience in lieu of formal education
- ability to read and understand engineering drawings and
specifications, and perform mathematical computations
- good communication skills to effectively interface with all
levels of employees including management
- ability to interpret complex information and respond to a
variety of complex issues
- ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- Possess a Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge on Geometric
Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T)
- Possess a Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge using Laser
Tracker equipment (LEICA models or similar) to achieve part
- Possess a Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge utilizing
Laser Tracker support software Programs (Spatial Analyzer,
Polyworks and PCDMIS)
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Must be able to adapt to various working conditions in a
manufacturing environment. Experience with ISO 9001, AS 9100/9102,
and Department of Defense (DOD) quality assurance program
requirements in a manufacturing environment are desirable.
- The statements herein describe the general nature and level of
work performed by those assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a
secret security clearance
Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel Percentage Required
0% - 25%
Relocation Assistance Provided?
US Citizenship Required?
The General Atomics(GA) group of companies is a world renowned
leader in developing high - technology systems ranging from the
nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely operated
surveillance aircraft; airborne sensors; advanced electronic,
wireless, and laser technologies; and biofuels. We offer an
excellent opportunity to realize your full potential and fulfill
your career aspirations.Join the GA Team where you can make a
difference! Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employerby
Keywords: General Atomics, Oxford , Quality Inspector IV, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!