Company: General Atomics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world s leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general direction this position is responsible for inspecting
parts, assemblies, tooling fixtures and material to ensure
compliance with customer requirements, company specifications, and
quality requirements. Sets up, operates, inspects, tests, and
adjusts new and reworked tools, dies, gauges, jigs and fixtures for
conformance to engineering drawings and specifications. Witnesses
Non-Destructive Testing at vendor facilities, maintains, processes,
and updates confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy
reports, records, and metric. Assignments are at times are
non-routine where judgment and assessment are required to resolve
moderately complex issues. Will be required to conduct source
inspections at customer or vendor sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, AS9100, ASTM, and ANSI, and ASME
Code).Provides various electronic and hard copy reports of
inspections and notifies appropriate parties including project
- May set up and calibrate measuring and test equipment to
conduct Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T).Perform and
document First Article Inspections IAW AS9100.Assist Quality
Engineering in design of proper inspection techniques for
multi-variations of large and small extremely complex parts.
- Maintains computer databases.
- May observe testing and provide oversight, as necessary, to
verify compliance with requirements. Shall perform/witness
non-destructive test (NDT) on various metallic and non-metallic
materials, parts, and assemblies using a variety of methods and
techniques such as visual testing (VT), magnetic particle (MT),
liquid penetrant (PT), and ultrasonic testing (UT).May interact
with regulatory agencies and customers during audits and review of
company inspection and calibration activities.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associate's degree, trade school
certificate, military training, or equivalent in quality
inspections or certification by a professional group such as ASQ or
AWS, and three or more years of progressive experience inin quality
inspections or certification by a professional group such as ASNT,
ASQ or AWS, and three or more years of progressive experience in
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), electrical, mechanical,
electromechanical or metrology inspection and calibration.
- May substitute additional experience in lieu of formal
education and training. Must possess:
- Certified NDE LVL II in Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and
specifications, and perform mathematical computations
- Good communication skills to effectively interface with all
levels of employees including management
- Ability to interpret complex information and respond to a
variety of complex issues
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as
- Able to adapt to various working conditions.
- Experience with Dye Penetrate (PT), Visual (VT), and Magnetic
Particle (MT), Certified Weld Inspector (CWI), ISO 9001 and AS9100
quality assurance program requirements is desirable.
Keywords: General Atomics, Oxford , Quality Inspector, Other , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!