Family Navigator - LINK Program - Multiple Locations
Company: Canopy Children's Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Founded in 1912 as an adoption agency, Canopy Children's
Solutions is Mississippi's most comprehensive nonprofit provider of
children's behavioral health, educational, and social service
solutions. Canopy employs a diverse group of mission-driven
individuals committed to honoring the voice of Mississippi children
and families. Being an integral part of the Canopy team involves
committing to the Core Values that drive our organization
- The voice of our children and families always comes first.
- Relationships matter.
- We take great joy in service to others.
- Our families and communities deserves our very best.
In 2020, Canopy Children's Solutions received the certification
of a Great Place to Work. Canopy's employees are charged with
building a healthy work culture within their teams that focus on
trust and the collective goal of helping kids thrive and families
overcome extraordinary challenges.
Family Navigator Overview:
- Responsible for the Family Map, which will drive all services
for the family.
- Work collaboratively with children and families, utilize the
NCFAS, any additional assessments, and family input to create a
plan of care for the family.
- Create a resource atlas complete with many local resources to
assist the family advocate and families in getting resources needed
to strengthen the families and create supports to achieve long term
- Ensure family advocates adhere to trauma informed care values
and fidelity to the Link model.
- Engage in regular networking activities to keep the resource
atlas up to date.
- Maintain current certification in CPR and basic first aid
- Demonstrate understanding of LINK program dynamics, operations,
and policies and procedures through attendance of Orientation and
- Demonstrate a working knowledge/understanding of the Program's
forms, policies, and procedures regarding services, participant's
rights, confidentiality, and privacy.
- Demonstrate strong oral & written communication, organization &
stress management skills, sound problem solving skills and the
ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Demonstrate computer literacy, at minimum in the Evolv
- Demonstrate good teaching skills and the ability to assist
clients and families in developing effective coping skills and
strategies for conflict resolution, and an understanding and
acceptance of individual cultural/ethnic differences and religious
beliefs of participants served.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and the ability to adhere
to the Organization's policies and procedures, Core values, and
code of ethics; assess children's developmental level and needs,
and effectively communicate with children and families, consistent
with their age and cognitive developmental level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate social,
cognitive, sexual and moral developmental changes beginning from
birth to young adult
- Assess the strengths and service needs of the children and
families via the NCFAS and canopy established evidence based
- Develop the Family Map with the assistance from the team.
- Provide transportation for families as needed.
- Direct services in the home and community in the least
intrusive way possible.
- Provide and coordinate social services that are child focused
and build on the family and community strengths.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date community
support resource atlas.
- Ensure fidelity to the LINK model.
- Implement evidence-based practices and assessments.
- Complete necessary documentation within 48 hours.
- Demonstrate flexibility and work with the family based on the
- Work in collaboration with the team to monitor and track
progress toward goals in the family map.
- Supervise Family advocates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
- Two (2) years or more experience working directly with children
and families preferred.
- Must demonstrate competence implementing evidence-based
services directly and/or through the family advocates, and
competence in supervising and directing others.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to accommodate
evening and weekend hours, as needed, to meet job
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Mississippi
driver license, a good driving record, proof of legally appropriate
auto liability insurance, and must be willing to use personal
vehicle, as needed, for Organization business.
Keywords: Canopy Children's Solutions, Oxford , Family Navigator - LINK Program - Multiple Locations, Other , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!