Company: Vanguard Healthcare Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
2 to 3 Days A Week
12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The primary purpose of the Dietary Aide position is to provide
assistance in all dietary functions as directed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the facility's dietary manager and dietitian as
necessary and implement recommendations.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed according to
Dietary Service Functions
- Prepare meals that are tasty and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely
- Serve food according to established portion and control
- Work in various line functions as assigned.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties as assigned.
- Clean worktables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers,
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, dishes, glass, etc. to wash area.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of
hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc. as
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils,
dishes, glasses, etc. are ready for next meal.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc. and take to
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc. as instructed.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties,
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with fellow
dietary personnel and also with other department associates to
assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the
needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
Safety and Sanitation Functions
- Prepare food, etc. according to sanitary regulations and
facility policies and procedures.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions
policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe
manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor on the shift
in which they occur.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and
properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste according to facility policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious
waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Report missing or unreadable MSDSs to your supervisor.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food equipment and supplies for the next meal are
- Assist in inventory and storing of in-coming food, supplies,
etc. as necessary.
Resident Rights Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care
- Knock before entering a resident's room.
- Report complaints to the Dietary Manager.
- Works in food preparation area as well as throughout the
dietary service areas. Atmosphere is warm for cooking.
- May experience temporary exposure to cold temperatures in the
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage
- Moves intermittently during work hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel and visitors.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and
other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions
temporarily, when necessary. Works on weekends and holidays when
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust,
plastics, synthetics, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Maintains a liaison with the resident, their families, support
departments, etc. to adequately plan for the residents' needs.
Staff Development Functions
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned.
- Attend in-service programs and on-the-job training classes as
- Must possess, as a minimum, a tenth (10th) grade
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Some experience in food service helpful.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must display professionalism both in appearance and
- Must possess the ability to solve problems and make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must genuinely care for and understand the elderly and
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and the willingness to work
harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
that are necessary for providing activity services.
- Must have patience, tact, a positive disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing activities
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion,
veteran's status, national origin, disability, marital status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Vanguard Healthcare Services, Oxford , Dietary Aide, Other , Columbus, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!