Process Engineer - Starkville, MS
Company: II-VI Incorporated
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Advanced Materials, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a
customer driven, world leading commercial supplier of high
performance, high quality silicon carbide (SiC). Our products are
used worldwide in the RF electronics, wireless infrastructure and
power switching industries. We are committed to "Materials That
Matter" through our drive to achieve performance excellence in all
that we do.
We offer an excellent benefits package designed to attract and
retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk
associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits
include a company-wide, quarterly bonus incentive program, medical,
dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial
match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life
insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, stock purchase
program, computer purchase program and more.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our
Engineering Department. Our facility is located in Starkville, MS.
We are conveniently located across from the Mississippi State
campus. We are looking for a self-motivated, disciplined individual
to actively participates in R&D projects and commercial
substrate manufacturing. Designs and carries out experiments
related to material processing and substrate fabrication and
analyzes their results. In this role, you will report to the
Engineering Manager and you will be responsible to perform the
- Knowledge of substrate processes that include lapping,
polishing and wafer surface cleaning.
- Hands-on experience with substrate characterization and use of
optical, interferometric and other tools.
- Familiarity with statistical process control tools, such as
Design of Experiments (DOE) and Minitab.
- Fluency with programs and tools used for data collection,
analysis, modeling and plotting, such as Excel or similar.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross cultural,
global team environment
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- BS in Engineering, Technology or similar disciplines.
- 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in process control and
manufacturing, or engineered materials industry.
- Experience in characterization and optimization of
- General knowledge of semiconductor materials, technological
processes used in their manufacturing and methods of materials
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results independently or
working with others.
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (MS Office,
spreadsheets, Access, graphics, Email, MRP systems, and accounting
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be
a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual
per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Advanced Materials/II-VI Incorporated is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Visit our website at: www.II-VI.com
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug
screening results and background check.
No agencies or phone calls please.
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Oxford , Process Engineer - Starkville, MS, Other , Starkville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!