Family Advocate - LINK Program - Multiple Locations
Company: Canopy Children's Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Founded in 1912 as an adoption agency, Canopy Children's
Solutions is Mississippi's most comprehensive nonprofit provider of
children's behavioral health, educational, and social service
solutions. Canopy employs a diverse group of mission-driven
individuals committed to honoring the voice of Mississippi children
and families. Being an integral part of the Canopy team involves
committing to the Core Values that drive our organization
- The voice of our children and families always comes first.
- Relationships matter.
- We take great joy in service to others.
- Our families and communities deserves our very best.
In 2020, Canopy Children's Solutions received the certification
of a Great Place to Work. Canopy's employees are charged with
building a healthy work culture within their teams that focus on
trust and the collective goal of helping kids thrive and families
overcome extraordinary challenges.
Family Advocate Overview:
- Serve as the primary point of contact between families,
community partners, and state agencies, and follow the established
family map to link to services, educate/psychoeducation, provide
community education, and networking/marketing to strengthen
families and keep kids in a stable home.
- Support families' emotional well-being with empathy and
personal experiences of overcoming challenges to help families have
- Since the family advocate is an integral resource for children,
families and their communities and because it reflects Canopy
Children's Solutions core values, the work functions utilize
evidence-based practices specific to individual children and
families, connecting them within their communities and tracking
their progress as well as adhering to Canopy's trauma informed
- Advocate, represent, support and assist youth and their
- Assist in creating and sustaining a family-driven
- Provide families with information, advocacy skills and related
- Provide psycho-education for families as needed.
- Assist families in crisis with appropriate referrals and
- Assist families in resolving complaints and concerns about
Canopy Children's Solutions system of care.
- Represent families at team meetings and related
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with
- Maintain and promote a high level of cultural competency.
- Meet on a regular basis with program staff. Coordinates job
responsibilities with supervisor.
- Carry out all administrative duties, which include:
- Maintain regular and predictable weekly work schedule,
including irregular hours when needed to meet with families.
- Attend Organization general orientation and required employee
trainings including Risking Connection, Department of Mental Health
trainings, and other required or supervisor approved conference,
workshops or trainings.
- Participate and assist in quality assurance studies and program
- Network/Market in the community for families and the Link
- Document all services within a 48 hour timeframe.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to articulate concepts in a clear manner to families to
help strengthen themselves and the other family members.
- Ability to listen to and problem solve with families
individually or in a group setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in diverse communication styles and the ability to
work with teams.
- Familiarity with MDHS, TANF, and other state services and how
to navigate these entities either through direct experience and/or
through work in the field.
Keywords: Canopy Children's Solutions, Oxford , Family Advocate - LINK Program - Multiple Locations, Other , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!