Quality Engineer - Manufacturing
Company: II-VI Incorporated
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Advanced Materials, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a
customer driven, world leading commercial supplier of high
performance, high quality silicon carbide (SiC). Our products are
used worldwide in the RF electronics, wireless infrastructure and
power switching industries. We are committed to "Materials That
Matter" through our drive to achieve performance excellence in all
that we do.
We offer an excellent benefits package designed to attract and
retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk
associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits
include a company-wide, quarterly bonus incentive program, medical,
dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial
match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life
insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, stock purchase
program, computer purchase program and more.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Quality
Department. Our facility is located in Starkville, MS. We are
conveniently located across from the Mississippi State campus. We
are looking for a self-motivated, disciplined individual to assist
the Quality Manager in maintaining and improving the overall
quality system (procedures, systems, processes, cost, and yields)
related to manufacturing, support, and development processes. In
this role, you will report to the Quality Manager and you will be
responsible to perform the following:
- Develop and implement quality control plans and procedures for
the inspection processes.
- Assist in the control of RMA wafers in MS.
- Product quality evaluation to ensure compliance of shipped
products to customer and internal requirements.
- Support the application of quality tools and methods, in
particular FMEA and SPC.
- Establish and maintain metrics for control of quality
- Perform or direct statistical analysis and statistical process
- Lead teams for continuous improvement of procedures, systems,
quality, cost, cycle-time, and yields.
- Perform and respond to quality audits.
- Assist in the control of RMA wafers in MS.
- Review drawings and specs for compliance to customer and
- Assist production and engineering personnel to ensure delivery
of quality products.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and third party auditors
on a variety of topics.
- BS in mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, material
science, engineering, or equivalent.
- ASQ certified quality engineer or Six Sigma Black belt
certification is desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Engineering, Inspection
Process Engineering, or similar job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate projects and achieve results
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Email, internet access
- Problem solving. Able to find and remove root cause for
individual and complex quality problems.
- Understanding of, and ability to develop quality systems
(process and procedures for auditing, corrective and preventive
- Strong computer skills and written and verbal communication
- Strong project management skills; able to work with many tasks
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision to
achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to direct the activities of several small manufacturing
or quality groups (3-5 people)
- Experience in SPC, Six Sigma, Lean, and TQM techniques. CQE
- Experience in data collection and analysis including process
capability studies and analysis of DOE data.
- Auditing knowledge including ISO 9001 & ISO 14001. CQA
- Travel 5-10% of the time within the United States.
- Calibration and verification expertise.
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be
a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual
per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Advanced Materials/II-VI Incorporated is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job requires that an individual come into contact with raw
materials, products, equipment / machines, software or technology
controlled by the Export Administration Regulations or the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The job must be filled
by a U.S. person, or a person for whom a valid export control
license, or exception, has been obtained or is not required from
the U.S. Government.
Visit our website at: www.II-VI.com
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug
screening results and background check.
No agencies or phone calls please.
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Oxford , Quality Engineer - Manufacturing, Other , Starkville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!