1st Shift Material Handler
Company: FXI Foamex Innovations
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam
innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office,
Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission
to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and
consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and
development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North
America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that
is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products
include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials
for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXI's foam
innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless
applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXI's innovations lead the way!
Won't you join us?
- Have the necessary skills, and ability to perform all job
functions within the Material Handler job classification (see other
Occupational Titles within the Material Handler Job Classification
- Know how to read and understand work orders and written
communications and perform such.
- Use basic math skills and read tape measure to the 16th.
- Pick up product off conveyor and floor. Audit quality of all
products, ie. Foam, glue strip, fiber, etc.
- Maintain product count and balance with order.
- Assemble vibrator cushions and foam/fiber to fiber/foam using a
hand held glue gun; change nozzles as needed.
- Accurately and legibly complete required paperwork.
- Change booth and floor paper, and vent filters.
- Be able to identify customer names and numbers.
- Take responsibility for and keep abreast of all changes in
product. Know how to check for quality problems and where to find
the answers. Know the quality standards of the products we produce.
Help encourage and maintain good housekeeping including emptying
trash and taking to dumpster/compactor.
- Promote and support an environment of cooperation.
- Take direction from multiple supervision and leaders.
- Work independently under general direction to set priorities,
manage workload, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals even under
changing deadlines and with multiple interruptions in order to
achieve the highest productivity.
- Anticipate and act to remove obstacles that are likely to
affect this or other jobs in a negative way and find simpler,
faster, and less costly ways to produce results while maintaining
- Sufficient endurance is required to perform the tasks assigned
over long periods of time and assigned work hours ie. 12 hours/day
and 6 days/wk are required to meet customer driven workloads at
- Assist production supervision as required.
- Standing/walking entire shift.
- Bending from floor to lifting above head foam weighing up to
- Summer - hot and humid.
- Hold 3lb glue gun, swings arm sideways and vertically spraying
- Lift and flip up to 24lb cushions Pinch & mold glued
Keywords: FXI Foamex Innovations, Oxford , 1st Shift Material Handler, Other , Verona, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!