Human Resources Generalist
Company: Martinrea International Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in
the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts,
assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and
aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and
motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical
centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany,
Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages
world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and
high-quality products.Our Mission is to make people's lives better
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job
security for our people;
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our
stakeholders.Our strength is our peopleWe invite you to follow your
dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to the Human Resources
Department through communication of policies and procedures and
updating the HR systems accurately.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Company's Performance
Management systems; Performance Appraisal process, Progressive
Discipline process and Performance Improvement Plan
- Manage the temporary worker population
- Coordinate the Martinrea Orientation Model for all temporary
and full-time employees. Complete the necessary administration to
ensure they are entered into the HR systems accordingly
- Ensure all system requirements are being met for tracking of
company training - update employee/department training records in
HR systems, update employee files and follow up where
- Assist employees with payroll and benefit questions and
submission of forms
- Conduct new hire and benefit orientations for employees
- Coordinate unemployment documentation for claims handling
- Respond to employment verifications and process
- Coordinate uniform program by recording and responding to
employee requests and communication to representative
- Plan and organize company sponsored events and activities
- Assist employees with concerns and answer questions on the
Martinrea Employee Handbook and other HR related questions
- Maintenance of employee files and communication boards by
keeping communication boards current and ensuring employee files
are neat, organized and up-to-date
- Assist HR Manager with recruitment tasks; job description
creation, sorting resumes, job postings and interviewing
- Identify and implement improvements for HR Department to ensure
it runs as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Provide backup to HR Manager during absence by providing
support to employees, Supervisors and Managers where possible
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the
following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems,
Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee HandbookWork
- 80% Office environment, 20% Plant floor (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and
- Overtime as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of/or in process of obtaining degree in Human
Resources Management (or related)
- Working towards Certified Human Resources Professional
designation (CHRP) preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of HR best practices
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Short term and long term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Here at Martinrea, our employees are our backbone. We feel with
bringing in new skills sets and knowledge will allow potential
applicants to become great assets to the company. We look forward
to hearing from applicants and giving them the opportunity to
become a part of our team!
Keywords: Martinrea International Inc., Oxford , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!