Physician- Interventional Cardiologist-Meridian, MS
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Seeking Interventional Cardiologist for Growing Team in
Meridian, MS Ochsner Rush, based out of Meridian, MS, is searching
for a BE/BC Interventional Cardiologist to join its growing and
well-respected Cardiology practice. This group is dedicated to
providing high-quality cardiac care throughout East Mississippi and
West Alabama. Ochsner Rush is a 215-bed hospital; a 49 bed LTAC
hospital; 5 critical access hospitals, and over 30 clinics located
throughout the area. We are actively recruiting for interventional
and non-invasive cardiologists, as well as for Cardiovascular
Surgeons. Highlights of this Cardiology opportunity:
- Ability to step into an already existing high volume practice
with a large 8 county referral network of 21 primary care clinics
and five critical access hospitals.
- Patient service area of over 350,000.
- Current team of 3 Interventional Cardiologists;1 non invasive
cardiologist; 4 mid-levels; one vascular surgeon; and one vein
- Ability to utilize Ochsner s extensive cardiology network of
physicians for support and resources.
- Cardiology Clinic is located in a multi-specialty clinic
building which is adjacent to a 215-bed hospital with two cath labs
and a hybrid peripheral room.
- 23 bed closed ICU with dedicated med/surgical team and 2
- Established Adult Hospitalist Program and tenured Emergency
Medicine team, all employed and staffed by Ochsner Rush.
- Strong specialist support including team of 4 Anesthesiologists
and 4 surgeons.
- Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency
- New procedures include Impella left ventricular assist device,
pulmonary thrombectomy, orbital coronary atherectomy and
ultraviolet laser atherectomy. We have an active pacemaker program
including standard pacemakers, Micra pacemakers, AICDs and CRT
devices. Recently added CardioMEMs Heart Failure system, impulse
dynamics CCM device and Shockwave Coronary Lithotripsy.
- J1 waivers accepted. Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial,
social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty
collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative
resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given
the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research,
physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health
system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is
demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual
uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key
areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First,
Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork. About
Meridian, MS: A small city with a population of 50,000. Commonly
referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is
very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including
New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL
(2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores,
AL (3.5 hours). It is a very family Oriented community with
conservative values, a low cost of Living, low crime rate and
excellent school options. Our beautiful year-round warm weather
allows for multiple outdoor activities including camping, fishing,
hiking and boating. Meridian has a strong medical community with
Rush Health Systems making up the largest non-military employer in
the region. Known for its thriving performing arts, the city boasts
the MS Arts & Entertainment Experience (MAX); the Riley Center; The
Meridian Museum of Art; Meridian Little Theatre; the Meridian
Symphony Orchestra; and most recently, a spectacular Children s
Museum. The city has an active Business Development organization
(EMBDC) that promotes new and existing developments and leadership
opportunities. Recognized as a philanthropic community, there are
multiple avenues to get involved in service and social
organizations. Meridian is truly a hidden Gem in the South. Ochsner
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Are you
ready to make a difference? Apply Today! Ochsner Health does not
consider an individual an applicant until they have formally
applied to the open position on this careers website. Individuals
who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not
eligible for remote work position. Job Description Summary
Keywords: Ochsner Health, Oxford , Physician- Interventional Cardiologist-Meridian, MS, Healthcare , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...