Travel Nurse RN - DOU - Direct Observation Unit - $2,500 per week, Evenings
Company: Quality Nurses
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Quality Nurses is seeking a travel nurse RN DOU - Direct
Observation Unit for a travel nursing job in Meridian,
Mississippi.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: DOU - Direct Observation Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 07/21/2022
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, evenings
- Employment Type: TravelJOB SUMMARY
- Provides direct and indirect patient care in the assigned
setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as
appropriate about changes in patients clinical condition including
results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to
respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response
to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing
duties utilizing the nursing process.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Professional Requirements:
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based
on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the plan of care.
- Ability to perform and document a complete admission assessment
to include: patients health history, problems identified, patient
teaching, and discharge needs/expectations.
- Ability to initiate and/or revise an individualized nursing
care plan that is based on assessment of identified needs/problems
involving the patient and/or family.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide
- Provides patients with a complete explanation of procedures or
- Always provides patient safety by keeping call light within
reach, maintaining bed in a low position with side rails in place
and locked at all times, and seeing that patients are secured
appropriately when transporting by wheelchair or stretcher.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager,
co-workers, and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patients needs.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures
and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Delegates, coordinates, and supervises patient care as
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and
family; communicates with social services regarding both in
hospital and post discharge needs.
- Completes documentation as specified by organizational policy
- Recognizes abuse/neglect potential.
- Demonstrates a cost effective practice by efficient and
non-wasteful use of supplies and linen, always following
established procedures for charge items.
- Participates in sharing of knowledge and expertise through
in-service, staff meetings, assisting in orientation of new
- Utilizes infection control principles.
- Quality Nurses Job ID #m222530. Pay package is based on 12 hour
shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with
tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About Quality NursesWe are
travelers building the kind of agency we always wanted, while still
working assignments.We are transparent. Our clinicians are just as
important to us as our customers.We only hire clinicians we'd be
glad to work with on the same unit. If approved, you will get your
own admin dedicated to helping you with everything before, during,
and after each assignment for your entire time with us.--More
info:---Pay is every Friday starting the second Friday of your
We do not provide:
-Housing-Any Reimbursements (including onboarding requirements)
other than the max allowable GSA Per Diem for qualified
travelers-Health insurance-401k plan-Referral bonusesBenefits
- Weekly pay
- Cancelation protection
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
Keywords: Quality Nurses, Oxford , Travel Nurse RN - DOU - Direct Observation Unit - $2,500 per week, Evenings, Healthcare , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!