Staff Pharmacist I- Employee Pharmacy, FT, Days, 7on-7off
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Provide and document pharmaceutical care: the direct,
responsible provision of medication-related care for the purpose of
achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient's quality of
- Perform the following services: drug information and research;
patient/family education; medication use evaluation and quality
assurance activities; medication history and assessment; monitoring
for adverse drug reaction, stop orders, drug allergies, drug
interactions; drug therapy monitoring and therapeutic
- Assist with education of pharmacy staff, students and other
health care professionals regarding safe and effective use of
medications including drug distribution, drug information and drug
therapy monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide teaching and experience to pharmacy students and new
- Participate in community programs that help people make the
best use of their medications.Operational
- Participate in the departmental performance improvement
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with accreditation,
legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
- Assist in prevention, detection and resolution of medication
- Impact departmental costs by recommendations for changes in
therapy to improve patient outcomes; provide adequate documentation
of interventions accepted.
- Impact cost of operations.Distributive
- Design and implement approaches to support and enable delivery
of pharmaceutical care.
- Assist with implementation of policies and procedures
concerning all drug distribution systems (including primarily unit
dose medication dispensing for inpatients, IV admixtures, floor
stock for specialty units, crash carts, narcotics, and control drug
and outpatient dispensing).
- Determine methods to decrease errors, decrease cost, increase
efficiency, increase control and increase accuracy of medication
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed to practice by Mississippi State Board of
- Must be competent to provide basic pharmaceutical care services
to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient
populations either through personal expertise or through
appropriate information sources of networking.
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , Staff Pharmacist I- Employee Pharmacy, FT, Days, 7on-7off, Healthcare , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!