Occupational Therapist Assistant consistent PRN
Company: Vertis Therapy
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description: Vertis Therapy is a therapist owned company that is
growing and is looking for a Occupational Therapist Assistant for
consistent PRN therapist that loves working with elders for our
senior community with AL/IL/cottages in Meridian, MS. Vertis
Therapy focuses on providing quality, patient centered care with
ongoing training and support to our staff.The Occupational Therapy
Assistant performs occupational therapy treatments under the
clinical supervision of the Occupational Therapist. The
Occupational Therapy Assistant participates as a member of the
interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the
area of Occupational Therapy.Primary Responsibilities
- Provide Occupational Therapy treatments to patients according
to treatment plans developed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Assist the Occupational Therapist when performing tests,
evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
- Observe, record and report to the Occupational Therapist the
patient conditions, reactions and responses related to
- Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress
notes on patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Assist the Occupational Therapist in consulting with family
members, physicians and other health care professionals, as
- Assist with the care of the Occupational Therapy department and
- Assist the Occupational Therapist with in-service programs and
other meetings as assigned by the Occupational Therapist.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Act in compliance with Vertis Therapy Management Policies and
Procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory
and professional standards and guidelines.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other meetings as
- Perform other duties, as assigned.Ind123. Requirements:
- Associate of Science degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the
state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year rehabilitation experience in
setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by
- Prefer active membership in the state and national American
Occupational Therapy Association.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job
duties and computerized documentation.
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the
Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of Vertis
Keywords: Vertis Therapy, Oxford , Occupational Therapist Assistant consistent PRN, Healthcare , Meridian, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!