EMT-Specialty Ground Transport(PRN/Varies)Critical Care-Tupelo
Company: North Mississippi Medical Center
Posted on: January 11, 2022
A nationally registered Emergency Medical Technician performs
routine specimen collections, electrocardiographs, routine tests,
patient care functions and technical procedures for which
appropriate training and competency is maintained. The Emergency
Medical Technician works both inside the hospital and in the
Specialty Ground Transport area under the direction of Medical
- Performs phlebotomy, EKG's, patient transport, splints,
- Operates and maintains equipment properly, performs testing
- Obtains and documents vital signs, intake and output amounts,
and other as designated, collects specimens as required.
- Must be able to prioritize duties according to current
- Performs sterile urethral catheterizations.
- Conducts self in a proficient and professional manner.
- Compliant with HIPAA regulations at all times
- Assist with turning, lifting, and positioning patients to
prepare for exams and procedures.
- Supports and promotes an environment that was conductive to
quality customer service.
- Responds to emergency situations in hospital according to
- Properly documented all procedures as required.
- Obtains equipment or supplies as necessary for patient care.
Assist with preparing rooms between patients, cleaning, restocking,
and preparing area.
- Assist physicians and nurses with physical examinations and
- Transports patients to other departments in the hospital and
off campus. Note: May transport patients with IV fluids including
- An ER tech may transport patients on telemetry to inpatient
unit telemetry beds. The exception will be step down and ICU
telemetry patients or patients that meet the following criteria:
- Vasoactive drips.
- Ventilator or bipap requirements
- When respiratory therapy must accompany the patient.
- Unstable. post arrest or deteriorating patients
- Transfer to step down or ICU beds
- Emergent procedures performed or in process.
- Blood transfusing
- Unsecured IV controlled substances
- Maintains clean work area in patient rooms.
- Provides wound care - shaves, preps, cleans, and dresses as
directed - utilizing sterile technique.
- Provides safe appropriate level care transport of patients
(emergency and routine).
- Maintains appropriate verbal communication with team members to
provide care to patient.
- May require the use of personal protective equipment, such as
masks and/or gloves, respirators, lead aprons.
- Infectious exposure category - Category I: routine potential
exposure to body fluids and tissue.
- Requires personal protective equipment.Age Specific
Cares for all patients of all ages. Unit specific considerations
are outlined in an age specific skills checklist and/or age
specific competency evaluation.
- Must possess valid Mississippi Emergency Medical Technician
- Must maintain valid driver's license and State EMS driver's
license and safe driving record as related to NMHS driving
guidelines (when operating as driver).
- General knowledge of various regulatory and accrediting
- Must complete Specialty Ground Transport specific BLS
- Must obtain and maintain BLS certification.
- Complete in-house computer training and demonstrates basic
- Completes hospital and ED basic orientation.
- Prior experience or training in customer service
- Must complete basic orientation competency checklist.
- Maintains organizational annual review requirements.
- Must maintain unit specific annual educational requirements and
attends continuing inservice(s) training to assure adequate
knowledge of current standards of practice.
- Knows what is required and limitations of job position.
- Must have effective communication, organizational,
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and resources necessary to provide to
age appropriate care.
Keywords: North Mississippi Medical Center, Oxford , EMT-Specialty Ground Transport(PRN/Varies)Critical Care-Tupelo, Healthcare , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!