Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Day 1 November 10th at UWA Livingston Campus 10am-6pm Walk Ins
Day 2 November 11th at CWM Emelle 10am-2pm On Site Interviews/Meet
Our Team/Food Truck HIGHWAY 17 N MILE MARKER 163
EMELLE, AL 35459
I. Job Summary
This position requires an individual with ambition and curiosity as
well as engineering technical skills. You will be tasked to apply
your education and experience to assignments under the mentorship
of experienced technical staff and managers. You will expand your
understanding of waste management processes, including landfill
operations, regulatory permitting and compliance, construction, and
environmental management systems. In addition to the technical
engineering aspects, the role is diverse and ever interesting as it
requires creativity and active participation in multiple functions
of the business such as project planning and budgeting, accounting,
contract negotiations, regulatory interaction, construction
oversight and operations.
II. Essential Job Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
be assigned. Essential duties and responsibilities include the
- Develops an understanding of all permits governing the
construction and operation of landfill disposal sites and other
operations, such as waste transfer stations, collection operations
and material recovery facilities, in an assigned area.
- Procures and directs professional consulting firms engaged in
preparing regulatory documents, such as permit applications, for
adherence to regulatory requirements and consistency with site
conditions and operations. Review documents with an eye toward
improving efficiencies in design, constructability, quality,
compliance, safety, and cost savings. Work with senior engineers,
operations, and consultants to update documents and permits to
capture identified efficiencies.
- Assists and works alongside with senior level WM engineers on
construction projects. Take responsibility for tasks as assigned by
the lead WM engineer, such as contract administration, materials
order and delivery, contractor scheduling, CQA oversight, etc.
- Works with operation teams to ensure compliance with permits
and to prevent or resolve operational issues.
- Assists in the preparation and/or review of engineering,
monitoring and environmental reports.
- Assists in environmental reviews and audits.
- Works with landfill managers to formulate short-term and
long-term goals and action plans in alignment with WM
- Identifies and estimates the cost of, site capital needs and
follow-through with inclusion in annual budget exercises.
- Interacts with state and local agencies to foster positive
working relationships and to insure efficient and effective
compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and understands WM engineering and technical directives
and Best Management Practices and implement at sites in your
- Provides technical support to operations, sales staff, landfill
managers and environmental staff, such as landfill gas technicians
and other functional areas.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities to maintain
and enhance personal skill sets and continually look for
opportunities to integrate new knowledge, technologies and
innovations into WM operations. III. Supervisory
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Engineering.
- Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience in an
engineering, technical, or environmental field (in addition to
education requirement). B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- None Required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data and draw
- Ability to interpret documents such as contracts, regulations,
permit documents, procedural manuals, contracts and safety
- Ability to follow established procedures and follow directions
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to draft reports or data submittals at state and local
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, tablet data entry, office machine operation,
- Ability to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
- Site work may involve exposure to physical occupational risks
associated with chemicals, fuels, wastewater, and construction
operations such as dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes and/or
- Travel up to 50% of time within your assigned area.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Oxford , Engineer, Engineering , Emelle, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!