Company: Leggett & Platt
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is seeking an Industrial Engineer
for its Super Sagless Hardware branch in Tupelo, MS, which
specializes in producing mechanisms for motion furniture such as
recliners and rockers.
As an Industrial Engineer you will have the opportunity to design
efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, and
information. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the
business by preventing waste and inefficiency in production. The
team you will be working with is small but close knit, and values
creativity and hard work.
- Performs time studies to develop costing standards for
- Attends NPI (New Product Introduction) builds and develop new
process flow / standard work / labor content.
- Lead process improvements and identify areas of improvement
through data compilation, root cause analysis, and
- Identifies and implements proper material presentation /
handling processes in production areas.
- Develops / Maintains plant layouts.
- Work closely with management to establish sustainable Lean
practices that empoweremployees, accelerate change, and enable
personal and team development.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing processes and
procedures, layout, and material handling methods.
- Helps the company meet its Quality and Safety
- Maintains costing database
- Provides technical expertise to all departments and support
- Performs quarterly scrap audits in automatic press
- Maintains routing and BOM system in LPCS for product
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Manage all activities of the Quality Assurance Department /
- Direct the activities of the LP 9000 Quality System
- Manage / maintain all records pertaining to quality
- Work with customer concerns and work to develop / follow-up on
C. A. R. s
- Perform and direct internal Quality System / Process Audits
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering field or equivalent
combined education and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience in fast paced assembly manufacturing
- Experience with AutoCAD / SolidWorks preferred.
- Proficiencyin a Windows operating environment, including email
and Microsoft Office software.
- Basicstatistical knowledge and ability to apply statistics to
process improvement projects.
- Proven effective leadership and program management
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to
exercise influence without authority.
Our benefits may vary slightly from one location to the next, but
what you will find, is that we offer: medical, dental, and vision
insurance; as well as paid vacation, paid personal time, and
various opportunities to give back to your local community. One
convenient fact about our medical plan, is that we offer
tele-visits, so you don't have to leave the comfort of your home
when you are feeling under the weather! We also strongly encourage
and provide opportunities for learning and professional
development. Our Learning & Development team has put together
in-house training on subjects like front-line supervisor
essentials, how to manage conflict in the workplace, and many
Leggett & Platt Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all
qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Leggett &
Platt Inc. will take the steps to assure that people with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
You can also create a profile, view, and apply for other open
Please apply directly to
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to our
Keywords: Leggett & Platt, Oxford , Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Tupelo, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!