Company: Gates Corporation
Location: Red Bay
Posted on: August 2, 2022
--> Quality Engineer
Red Bay, AL United States
--> Job Category:
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in
collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could
be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power
and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of
material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed
Let's simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles,
conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners,
bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking,
open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team.
Located in our Red Bay facility, you will be a Quality
- You'll be working with operational site management (Plant
Manager, Quality Manager, Operations Manager, etc.) to support and
achieve quality improvement objectives (KPI's).
- This position will provide quality support and work
cross-functionally with peers and Gates management in developing
and executing Advanced Product Quality Plans (APQP) and for new &
- Internal quality system audits (E.g. ISO9001) and process
audits as part of Gates Layered Process Audit programs will be
supported and completed by this role.
- This position is responsible for assuring quality in all phases
of the manufacturing value stream. Where nonconformance is
identified, this position will employ effective problem-solving
methodologies to identify root causes and implement their
corresponding corrective and preventive actions with a sense of
urgency. Key responsibilities (to name a few):
- Drive and support quality initiatives and corrective and
preventive action (CAPA) across the assigned manufacturing value
streams to achieve strategic quality improvement objectives (E.g.
Customer Incident Rate, PPM, Cost of Poor Quality, Inter-Company
Incident Rate, Supplier PPM, QMS Management Review KPI's,
- Lead and support root cause investigation and resolution of
customer, supplier quality incidents, warranty failures, etc. by
using problem solving methodologies (E.g. 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone
Diagrams, A3, PDCA, etc.) and Gates Quality Management System
(eQIM) requirements. Coordinate containment activities to ensure
proper segregation of nonconforming product from un-intended
- Complete internal quality system audits as assigned within the
plant Internal QMS audit program. Complete process audits and
corrective actions as part of the plant Layered Process Audit (LPA)
- Support the plant in establishing solid process controls,
documentation, etc. on critical to quality characteristics to
prevent quality escapes.
- Aid in the coordination of PPAP submissions as necessary for
part qualification with customers, or as part of incoming part
- Updating quality assurance Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
for assigned areas.
--> --> Details:
- 3 + years of progressive manufacturing quality assurance
- Bachelor of Science (BS) undergraduate college
- Working knowledge of quality management standards (AIAG - APQP,
PPAP, SPC, MSA, etc.) and quality assurance problem solving tools
(E.g. 5-Why, Cause & Effect Diagrams, DOE, 8D, etc.).
- An effective communicator with capability to interact with all
layers of management both internal and external to the
- Drive and high expectations of getting results through self and
- Change management
- High level interpersonal skills, ability to interact on the
- Proficiency using common PC applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Office, MS SharePoint, MS PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing quality assurance PC Applications is a
plus: Minitab, SPC Applications, etc. is preferred
- Certification as a Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Auditor
(CQA) or Six Sigma Black or Green Belt through ASQ or an equivalent
certification is preferred, but not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
PAY & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and other voluntary benefit
options: benefits begin on the first day of the month immediately
following your date of hire
- Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation + 11 holidays (9
scheduled & 2 floating) + 8 sick days. All vacation days are
- 401(k): 3% company contribution and additional 3% company
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learn more about the benefits we provide at
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on
the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we
operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the
boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing
real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers'
diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best, we also want to give you the best. That's
why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed
from our policy of 'Dress for your Day' (yes - that means you can
wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your
work/life balance and more. Visit to learn more.
At Gates, we believe that we are better together. Proximity has
been important to our success over the years as there are critical
items that are simply better when done together. One of those
critical items is efficient collaboration. We cannot underestimate
the power of informal conversations and connecting face-to-face
with our coworkers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands and fingers to work with objects, tools,
or controls; and use office equipment including computers,
telephones, and/or copiers/scanners. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and
is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age,
disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic
information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Oxford , QA Engineer, Engineering , Red Bay, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!