Quality Engineer - Metrology
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 18, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world--s leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS-- expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer -
Metrology to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located
in Tupelo, Mississippi.
Develops, modifies, coordinates and documents the implementation,
evaluation, and maintenance of quality assurance programs and
systems on one or more mid-size projects. Provides advice and
guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards.
Collaborates with Engineering Teams, Machinist, and Manufacturing
Staff to ensure quality requirements/standards are in place. Works
on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires a
comprehensible review of identifiable factors delivered to
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates or recommends design, dimensional or manufacturing
process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting,
testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and
- Interprets CAD modeling software and troubleshoots errors and
anomalies related to Step File exports for use with CMM
- Writes technical reports based on factual data, statistical
analysis and product specifications.
- Presents to all levels of Management inspection result
findings, metrics, and solutions to complex issues related to high
profile machined parts utilized in Aerospace, Space, Government and
Commercial product lines.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and
- Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally
and at vendor facilities.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government
- Provides limited project direction to other staff members.
- Trains and mentors entry and intermediate level CMM operators
to support daily tasking.
- Performs material/part inspection. May generate nonconformance,
material rejections and corrective action reports, as well as
communicating final acceptance test reports with customers. May
also generate and maintain files of all quality and as-built
information for each product.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor--s or master--s degree in
engineering or related discipline and five or more years of related
experience with a bachelor--s degree or three or more years with a
master--s degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative
solutions to routine and non-routine quality issues and the skills
required to present those solutions to internal and external
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical
reports and technical documents in support of company
- Proven track record of success and a thorough understanding of
CMM programming and operation, including software (SolidWorks,
PC-DMIS, PolyWorks, Spatial Analyzer) and future applications.
- Exhibit working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and
Tolerancing (GD&T) principals and applications associated to
complex design engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Exhibit working knowledge of ALL inspection techniques and
- Ability to program and operate inspection equipment (CMM, Laser
Tracker, Vision equipment)
- SAP knowledge is highly desirable.
- Intermediate or above user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- This position is a 2nd shift; must be able to work 2nd
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance is
required. Active DoD Security Clearance desired.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Oxford , Quality Engineer - Metrology, Engineering , Ecru, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!